Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A fistful of Fulci; new this week at the buffet...

In the most recent print version of the BMB, as seen in the most recent issue of c14, I made kind of a flippant remark about the collected works of Lucio Fulci. Which I probably shouldn't have done but, you know, things happen when you're on deadline.

My larger point was that I don't like really gross Italian zombie films, of which Fulci made many; including at least one with the word zombie in the title. Anywhoo, I should have known this would lead to us getting one or more non-gross non-zombie films he directed for review - and, in fact, we got two.

With that in mind, I present this week's menu options.

First join the Kommandant and be not entirely seduced by his sacrilegious sex comedy The Eroticist.

Then join me and consult Fulci's atmospheric thriller The Psychic.

No comments: